How do I reserve a puppy?
- First, look over our website & Facebook page to learn a bit about us. Are you sure you’re ready for a Shih Tzu? This is a 15+ year commitment!! Your family is on board? Grooming? Vet Care? Training? Any questions?
- Contact us to discuss availability and the perfect puppy for you.
- Place a $500 non-refundable reservation fee on the puppy of your dreams through Zelle or the Good Dog payment platform. The remaining balance is due in cash at time of pickup, or before transportation.
- Join our “Shih Tzu Lovers of Florida” group on Facebook for ongoing support and socialize with the other families.
- Once your puppy is 9-10 weeks old, you can pickup in Englewood Florida or arrange transport.
- Congrats on your new puppy!!!
PUPPIES COME WITH
- Lifetime Breeder Support
- 1 Year Congenital Health Guarantee
- Veterinarian Health Check
- Veterinarian Health Certificate
- Registration Papers with Limited (Pet) Registration
- Embark DNA breed certificate of parents
- Vaccines up to date
- Dewormed up to date, negative fecal test from veterinarian
- Educational materials to help you get started with your new pup
- Puppy Gift Pack of Goodies
- Puppies have been raised & socialized in home among our family, loved beyond measure, and raised in a clean living environment.
- Puppies are weaned onto the raw food their parents eat, for ultimate nutrition and easy digestibility. Then they are transitioned to dry dog food for families that prefer commerial dog food.
- Puppies go home with Purina Pro Plan Focus – Puppy formula, dry dog food.
- Puppies have been introduced to the crate.
- Puppies have been using potty pads, but will require ongoing training and supervision at this age.
- Puppies have been introduced to car rides at an early age to help prevent car sickness and anxieties later in life.
- Puppies have been introduced to grooming and grooming tools to help acclimate them.
- Puppies nails are trimmed multiple times before they go home.
- Puppies receive sanitary trims before they go home.
- Puppies have been introduced and socialized to other dogs.
- Puppies have been exposed to toys and will take familiar toys home with them.
- Puppies have been exposed to a variety of sights, sounds, textures, and experiences during the critical early developmental stage.
- Welcome Back Policy. Chimera Shih Tzu puppies and dogs are always welcome back home here, at any point in their lives if you cannot keep them (no refunds but they can come home, never to a shelter!)
- We do not allow visits to our home, for the safety of our dogs and family. We will meet at a public location for pickups.
- Pregnant/nursing moms & puppies do not leave our home until their vet visit, and then to their families, with the exception of closed car rides.
- There are no puppy visits until they are vet cleared and going home to their family. However, we do have regular outings with our other dogs you can come meet us, meet the dads, and meet the moms taking a break from motherhood. When they aren’t being a mom, they are our babies!
- We are happy to send you many photos and videos of the parent dogs and available puppies, since we aren’t able to have in person puppy picks.
- Puppies are socialized, started on potty training, dewormed, vaccinated, microchipped, health certificate, come with pet registration papers, veterinarian cleared, and lots more.
- Puppies are weaned onto the raw diet their parents eat. At 8 weeks old, we will start to transition them to solid Purina Pro Plan Focus – Puppy dry dog food. If you choose to pickup your puppy during this food transition, before 10 weeks old, you will be responsible for continuing the food transition.
- If you would like to continue raw feeding, just let us know. We will keep them on raw and send a container of food home.
- Puppies may be picked up between 9-10 weeks old.
- Beyond 12 weeks old, there will be boarding fees, and or loss of deposit in order to place the pup in another home if you are unable to take your puppy home.
- We accept cash in person, Zelle through your banking app & secure payments on GoodDog.com
- We ask for a $500 non-refundable reservation fee to secure the puppy of your choice.
- We prefer the remaining balance in cash at pickup.
- If your puppy will be transported via flight nanny or other, we ask for payment IN FULL through Zelle or Gooddog.com 2 weeks before they travel.
- We do not accept Venmo, PayPal, checks, or money orders. Zelle may be used if you prefer – ChimeraShihTzu@gmail.com
Our puppies range in price from $2,000 to $3,000. We spare no expense and continually invest into our dogs and their puppies. We love them so much and want them all to live long, happy, healthy lives with much success. We want them to be a blessing to their families, and loved as we love them. We go to great lengths to provide healthy, balanced, well socialized dogs with the best head start on life. We do everything from early neurological stimulation, early car rides to prevent car sickness & anxiety later in life, we have genetic tested all of our adult dogs through EMBARK including breed results, ensuring you are getting exactly the dog you expect and have paid for. We include pet registration with our base pricing, no breeding rights included.
AKC & CKC Shih Tzus
- Shih Tzu females with AKC or CKC pet registration $2,500
- Shih Tzu males with AKC or CKC pet registration $2,000
- Blues, Lavenders, and Dobie Marked Puppies + $500
CKC Shihpoos – Nixie is our only Shihpoo Mommas. Everyone else is purebred Shih Tzu.
- CKC Shihpoo female with CKC registration $2,500
- CKC Shihpoo male with CKC registration $2,000
- We do not offer phone calls due to difficulties hearing.
- We welcome texts and messages.
- Chimera Shih Tzu Facebook page, message us here.
- Email us Chimerashihtzu@gmail.com
- You can also reach us on GoodDog.com
Chimera Shih Tzu
Puppy/Dog Purchase Agreement & Guarantee
(Limited Registration/ Pet Only)
This agreement (“Agreement”), dated as of _____, 20__ (the “Effective Date”), is between Chimera Shih Tzu (“Breeder”), and ______ (“Buyer”). The subject of this Agreement is the below-described puppy/dog (“puppy/dog”).
REGISTRATION TYPE: __________________
BIRTH NAME: _______________________
SEX & BREED: _______________________
DATE OF BIRTH: ________________________
MICROCHIP #: __________________________
The Breeder and Buyer agree as follows:
- Reservation Fee. A non-refundable reservation fee of $500 (“Reservation Fee”) shall be due and paid to Chimera Shih Tzu upon execution of this Agreement. The Reservation Fee shall be applied to the final Purchase Price (defined below). Buyer acknowledges that the Reservation Fee is non-refundable in all circumstances.
- Purchase Price. The full purchase price of $_______________ (“Purchase Price”) is agreed with the balance due in full (a) at least 2 weeks before the puppy/dog is delivered to Buyer or (b) upon Buyer’s pickup of the puppy/dog. Any shipping and handling expenses are the responsibility of and shall be paid by Buyer. All payments due under this Agreement shall be made in US Dollars and paid to Chimera Shih Tzu via cash or Secure Payments through Good Dog (https://pay.gooddog.com/chimera-shih-tzu).
- Take Back Policy. Buyer may contact Chimera Shih Tzu if they are no longer able to keep their puppy/dog at any point in its life. Chimera Shih Tzu will be available to offer support, advice, rehoming assistance, or to receive the puppy/dog. There is a lifelong invitation for the puppy/dog to return to Chimera Shih Tzu at any time for any reason, however, no refunds will be given and buyer will be responsible for transportation costs to return puppy/dog. All veterinary records and registration paperwork should accompany puppy/dog to its new home, or back to Chimera Shih Tzu. The buyer agrees to never place the puppy in a shelter, pound, or similar facility or research laboratory.
Breeder’s Obligations & Health Warranty Guarantee. Chimera Shih Tzu represents and warrants the following:
- Ownership. Chimera Shih Tzu is the lawful owner of the puppy/dog and has the right to transfer ownership of the puppy/dog to Buyer. Ownership of the puppy/dog will be transferred to Buyer upon Buyer’s payment of the full Purchase Price and pickup or transport of puppy.
- State of Health; Short-Term Health Warranty.The puppy/dog (i) was previously examined by a licensed 2. veterinarian and was found to be in good health at that time and (ii) has had the immunizations and deworming enumerated in the health records provided to Buyer. Buyer, at its own expense, must have the puppy/dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of receiving the puppy/dog (the “Examination Period”) for the guarantee in this section to be valid. If, within the Examination Period, a licensed veterinarian finds the puppy/dog to be unhealthy or unfit for sale, the puppy/dog may be returned to Breeder for a full refund of the Purchase Price. The veterinarian must provide a written statement deeming the puppy/dog “unfit for purchase”, which must be sent to Chimera Shih Tzu within 48 hours of the veterinary examination.
- The foregoing guarantee expressly excludes (x) any health issues caused by Buyer’s ill-treatment, abuse or neglect, (y) any health issues that result from the puppy/dog’s transportation from Breeder to Buyer and (z) all minor illnesses and health issues, including upper respiratory infections, allergic reactions, stress colitis/diarrhea, internal or external parasites or contagious bacteria or viruses (including canine parvovirus), UTIs, vaginitis or umbilical hernias.
- Long-Term Health Warranty. Chimera Shih Tzu provides a 1-year (12 month) warranty from the puppy/dog’s date of birth against any debilitating congenital conditions. For purposes of this section, “debilitating congenital conditions” include but not limited to (i) early onset cataracts, aortic stenosis, portosystemic shunt, gastric dilation volvulus, and (ii) expressly do not include hernias, undescended testicles, hypoglycemia, infections, parasites, ingestion of toxic plants, ingestion of chemicals, ingestion of objects, accidents, physical injuries, infertility, unknown or undiagnosed sudden death, or any other cause of death that is not documented as a debilitating congenital defect. If the puppy/dog should die from a suspected congenital defect within the health warranty period, an autopsy must be performed at the buyer’s expense by a licensed veterinarian acceptable to the seller’s own veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason of the death, the seller will provide another puppy of equal value to the buyer. A written statement from the Veterinarian must be provided. This warranty is void in the event of an undetermined or inconclusive diagnosis. The buyer will be responsible for the cost and arrangements of pickup or transportation of the replacement puppy/dog.
- In the event the puppy/dog exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital condition, Buyer must immediately inform Breeder and supply any requested veterinary records to Chimera Shih Tzu. Breeder will be given the opportunity to take the puppy/dog to a licensed veterinarian of Chimera Shih Tzu’s choice for examination.
- Returns/Refunds. If it is determined by a licensed veterinarian that the puppy/dog (i) was “unfit for purchase” or (ii) has a genetic disorder that is identified within the warranty periods described above, theN Chimera Shih Tzu may determine whether (a) to offer financial reimbursement for any veterinary expenses related to the illness, not to exceed the original purchase price of the puppy, or (b) to offer a replacement puppy from the next available litter, at Chimera Shih Tzu’s discretion. If financial reimbursement is to be provided, Buyer must provide full veterinary records of services rendered and receipts showing expenses.
- No Other Warranties. No other warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made by Breeder, and the puppy/dog is sold and delivered in an “as is” condition, except as expressly and specifically set forth herein. Chimera Shih Tzu does not guarantee puppy/dog’s size, coat color, temperament, personality.
Buyer’s Obligations. Buyer agrees to the following:
1. Proper Care. Buyer agrees to provide proper care of the puppy/dog, including regular veterinary care, adequate protection from elements, regular grooming to maintain healthy skin and coat, and proper nutrition. Buyer will do their due diligence to protect puppy from disease, injury, and parasites, by working with their veterinarian to develop and maintain a care plan.
2. Microchip. Buyer agrees to register and maintain microchip contact information in order to be contacted if puppy/dog is ever lost/found. Chimera Shih Tzu puppies are always welcome back home, so it is important to maintain a lifeline of contact to keep the puppy/dog out of shelters and safe with us, in the case their family can no longer care for them.
3. Breach by Buyer. Buyer’s breach of any of the foregoing obligations shall result in Breeder’s warranties set forth in this Agreement being null and void.
Chimera Shih Tzu