We offer the following warranty and contract to our puppy families
The Breeder and Buyer agree as follows:
- Reservation Fee. A non-refundable reservation fee of $500 (“Reservation Fee”) shall be due and paid to Chimera Shih Tzu upon execution of this Agreement. The Reservation Fee shall be applied to the final Purchase Price (defined below). Buyer acknowledges that the Reservation Fee is non-refundable in all circumstances.
- Purchase Price. The full purchase price of $_______________ (“Purchase Price”) is agreed with the balance due in full (a) at least 2 weeks before the puppy/dog is delivered to Buyer or (b) upon Buyer’s pickup of the puppy/dog. Any shipping and handling expenses are the responsibility of and shall be paid by Buyer. All payments due under this Agreement shall be made in US Dollars and paid to Chimera Shih Tzu via cash, Zelle, or Secure Payments through Good Dog.
- Take Back Policy. Buyer may contact Chimera Shih Tzu if they are no longer able to keep their puppy/dog at any point in its life. Chimera Shih Tzu will be available to offer support, advice, rehoming assistance, or to receive the puppy/dog. There is a lifelong invitation for the puppy/dog to return to Chimera Shih Tzu at any time for any reason, however, no refunds will be given and buyer will be responsible for transportation costs to return puppy/dog. All veterinary records and registration paperwork should accompany puppy/dog to its new home, or back to Chimera Shih Tzu. The buyer agrees to never place the puppy in a shelter, pound, or similar facility or research laboratory.
Breeder’s Obligations & Health Warranty Guarantee. Chimera Shih Tzu represents and warrants the following:
- Ownership. Chimera Shih Tzu is the lawful owner of the puppy/dog and has the right to transfer ownership of the puppy/dog to Buyer. Ownership of the puppy/dog will be transferred to Buyer upon Buyer’s payment of the full Purchase Price and pickup or transport of puppy.
- State of Health; Short-Term Health Warranty.The puppy/dog (i) was previously examined by a licensed veterinarian and was found to be in good health at that time and (ii) has had the immunizations and deworming enumerated in the health records provided to Buyer. Buyer, at its own expense, must have the puppy/dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of receiving the puppy/dog (the “Examination Period”) for the guarantee in this section to be valid. If, within the Examination Period, a licensed veterinarian finds the puppy/dog to be unhealthy or unfit for sale, the puppy/dog may be returned to Breeder for a full refund of the Purchase Price. The veterinarian must provide a written statement deeming the puppy/dog “unfit for purchase”, which must be sent to Chimera Shih Tzu within 48 hours of the veterinary examination.
- The foregoing guarantee expressly excludes (x) any health issues caused by Buyer’s ill-treatment, abuse or neglect, (y) any health issues that result from the puppy/dog’s transportation from Breeder to Buyer and (z) all minor illnesses and health issues, including upper respiratory infections, allergic reactions, stress colitis/diarrhea, internal or external parasites or contagious bacteria or viruses (including canine parvovirus), UTIs, vaginitis, umbilical hernias, inguinal hernias, pinched nostrils or stenotic nares, and undescended testicles.
- Long-Term Health Warranty. Chimera Shih Tzu provides a 1-year (12 month) warranty from the puppy/dog’s date of birth against any debilitating congenital conditions. For purposes of this section, “debilitating congenital conditions” include but not limited to (i) early onset cataracts, aortic stenosis, portosystemic shunt, gastric dilation volvulus, and (ii) expressly do not include hernias, undescended testicles, hypoglycemia, infections, parasites, ingestion of toxic plants, ingestion of chemicals, ingestion of objects, accidents, physical injuries, infertility, unknown or undiagnosed sudden death, or any other cause of death that is not documented as a debilitating congenital defect. If the puppy/dog should die from a suspected congenital defect within the health warranty period, an autopsy must be performed at the buyer’s expense by a licensed veterinarian acceptable to the seller’s own veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason of the death, the seller will provide another puppy of equal value to the buyer. A written statement from the Veterinarian must be provided. This warranty is void in the event of an undetermined or inconclusive diagnosis. The buyer will be responsible for the cost and arrangements of pickup or transportation of the replacement puppy/dog.
- In the event the puppy/dog exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital condition, Buyer must immediately inform Breeder and supply any requested veterinary records to Chimera Shih Tzu. Breeder will be given the opportunity to take the puppy/dog to a licensed veterinarian of Chimera Shih Tzu’s choice for examination.
- Returns/Refunds. If it is determined by a licensed veterinarian that the puppy/dog (i) was “unfit for purchase” or (ii) has a genetic disorder that is identified within the warranty periods described above, the Chimera Shih Tzu may determine whether (a) to offer financial reimbursement for any veterinary expenses related to the illness, not to exceed the original purchase price of the puppy, or (b) to offer a replacement puppy from the next available litter, at Chimera Shih Tzu’s discretion. If financial reimbursement is to be provided, Buyer must provide full veterinary records of services rendered and receipts showing expenses.
- No Other Warranties. No other warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made by Breeder, and the puppy/dog is sold and delivered in an “as is” condition, except as expressly and specifically set forth herein. Chimera Shih Tzu does not guarantee puppy/dog’s size, coat, color, temperament, personality.
Buyer’s Obligations. Buyer agrees to the following:
1. Proper Care. Buyer agrees to provide proper care of the puppy/dog, including regular veterinary care, adequate protection from elements, regular grooming to maintain healthy skin and coat, and proper nutrition. Buyer will do their due diligence to protect puppy from disease, injury, and parasites, by working with their veterinarian to develop and maintain a care plan.
2. Microchip. Buyer agrees to register and maintain microchip contact information in order to be contacted if puppy/dog is ever lost/found. Chimera Shih Tzu puppies are always welcome back home, so it is important to maintain a lifeline of contact to keep the puppy/dog out of shelters and safe with us, in the case their family can no longer care for them.
3. Breach by Buyer. Buyer’s breach of any of the foregoing obligations shall result in Breeder’s warranties set forth in this Agreement being null and void.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.